Fluke Thermalert 4.0 Infrared Temperature Sensor
The strong, reliable, diverse solution…saving you time and money
The Thermalert 4.0 series of integrated sensors provide accurate temperature measurement for a wide variety of process control applications. With various types of communications, the Thermalert 4.0 sensor with laser aiming, provides the features you need to control your process in a compact, integrated package that is easy to install and operate. Now, that’s one strong, reliable and diverse sensor.
Built for use in harshest environments, the Thermalert sensor withstands ambient temperatures up to 85 °C (185 ºF) without extra cooling. The sensor supports many wavelengths and can be used for a broad range of applications. Intrinsically safe models are available for use in potentially explosive areas (dust, gas).
Designed to handle wider temperature ranges this sensor comes with superior in class optical resolution. 2-wire loop powered RS-485 as well as digital (Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET IO) and analog outputs are available to meet your process requirements. Galvanic insulation ensures correct readings.
• Sensors are rugged, small and easy to install.
• Laser sighting available for all instruments
• Backward compatibility to old Raytek® and Ircon® in class sensors and accessories
• Broad range of accessories available (high temperature enclosures, cables,…)
• 2-year warranty
Thermalert 4.0 Key Features
- Durable stainless steel IP65 / NEMA4 enclosures designed to withstand ambient temperatures from -20 °C to 85 °C (-4 oF to 185 oF)
- Integrated laser sighting
- Galvanic isolated outputs
- Plastic lens option for food application
- Analog input for ambient compensation and adjusting emissivity setting
- Multiple interfaces
- 2-wire loop powered for analog communication
- 6-Pin terminal block
- 12-wire M16 Connector
- 4-Wire Fieldbus (Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET IO)
- HART Protocol optional
- Wide temperature ranges from
-40 °C to 2300 °C (-40 oF to 4172 °F)
- Advanced signal processing
- Wide choice of focus distances
- ATEX/IECEx/CCC-IS certified models available
DataTemp® Multidrop software provides you with the tools you need to configure your sensors – then monitor temperatures on a real-time graphical display. The bar graph feature shows temperature profiles across a web or at various spots along a process. Use the program to record and archive your process temperatures. High and low alarms are shown, making it easy to identify out of range conditions.
A wide variety of options and accessories are available to customize the installation of your Thermalert 4.0 sensors.
Lens protectors and air purge collars offer protection in harsh environments.
The water-/air-cooled housings can be specified for operation in ambient temperatures up to 175 °C (315 °F).
For extremely harsh environments, the ThermoJacket is recommended. This rugged cast aluminum housing protects the sensors in ambient temperatures to 315 °C (600 °F). It completely encloses the sensor, combining thermal and mechanical protection with air purging of the lens. The Thermalert 4.0 sensor can be installed or removed while the ThermoJacket is in its mounted position.