The Raytek MI3 digital pyrometer represents a new generation of performance and innovation in continuous non-contact temperature monitoring for a broad range of OEM applications and manufacturing processes. Each sensor is a two-piece systems with a miniature sensing head and separate communications electronics. The miniature sensing head can be installed in any system and outperforms much larger sensors, making the Raytek MI3 the best valued IR temperature sensor in its class.
- Lowest installation costs per measurement point due to multiple sensing head system design
- Wide temperature range from -40 to 1800°C (-40 to 3272°F)
- Response time down to 10ms
- Precision High resolution optics up to 100:1
- High temperature resistance for the head up to 180°C (356°F) without cooling
- Self diagnostic features: break of a head wire, head internal temperature
- Plug & Play exchangeability for sensing heads (no heads parameter anymore; Raytek patent)
- Robust EMI immunity due to digital head-to-box communication
- No cable bending/moving effects, allowing continuous reliable measurement in moving installations (robotic arms, linear drives, chains, etc.)
- Optional network communication interfaces: RS485, Profibus, Modbus®, Ethernet, Profinet
- 64 MB data logger for communication boxes with Ethernet
- Optional 4 analog outputs with galvanic isolation
- OEM version allows direct digital communication with the host machine controller without the need for an additional communication box
For use with standard industrial outputs, the MI3 sensor comes with the separate communication box MI3CoMM, which provides all the functionality of the proven MI series sensors with numerous exciting new features.
The multi-channel MI3MCoMM communication box for multiple sensing head applications with USB interface as standard and a wide range of network communication interfaces is available in a convenient DIN-rail mountable package.
4 sensing heads can be directly connected to the MI3MCOMM box.
Multi-channel sensor interface box for connecting up to 8 individually addressable heads to the communication box.
The oeMMI3 version of all MI3 sensor models allows direct digital connection to the host machine controller. No communication
box is required. This is ideal for high volume OEM applications requiring MI3 performance with the best possible value and minimum installation costs.